Saturday, February 12, 2011

Light

Light: an illuminating agent or source, as the sun or a beacon.
Jesus Christ said, "I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life." (John 8:12) The Master Teacher tells us that we must follow His example if we want to live with Him again, but sometimes we think we can  follow after the desires of our own hearts and achieve the same results. Isaiah, however, teaches us that if we choose to walk in the light of our fire it will only lead to sorrow. (See Isaiah 50:10-11) I echo the words of David in Psalm 27, "The Lord is my light and my salvation: whom shall I fear?" I know that if we make the Lord the light that guides our lives that we cannot go astray. May we all strive to do so.

1 comment:

  1. This is a different kind of missionary blog. Usually the posts are about what the missionary is doing. This one is about doctrine. Neat.

    I have a question. How much time are you allowed to write? These are good articles and well illustrated.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...