Friday, June 17, 2011

Resurrection, Judgement, and Imomortality

Yes, that's me.
       As a young boy I tried out for a competitive soccer team. Tryouts went well... Or so I thought... When the list was posted I looked up and down for my name but it was nowhere to be found. My heart dropped. I thought I was good enough to play. I guess this coach didn't think so. Needless to say, I was very disappointed. Some time later I tried out for a different soccer team. This time, as I looked at the list, I read my very own name. I made it.
       Our life here on earth can be likened to a tryout or a test wherein we must prove to God that we are willing to follow His commandments. Unlike my experience in trying out for soccer teams our Savior, Jesus Christ, is a perfect judge. We won't feel like we were cheated or rewarded less than we deserve. Jacob, a Book of Mormon prophet, says,"Wherefore, we shall have a perfect knowledge of all our guilt, and our uncleanness, and our nakedness; and the righteous shall have a perfect knowledge of their enjoyment, and their righteousness, being clothed with purity, yea, even with the robe of righteousness."

Visit mormon.orgElder Sargent's Blog, and lds.org to learn more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...