Saturday, May 14, 2011

The Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ through Joseph Smith

       Joseph Smith was just a young man when he learned the true nature of God. He lived in an area where there was quite a bit of excitement concerning religion. He wondered which church was true, which one would lead him to salvation. Many of the religions interpreted the same scripture differently, confusing young Joseph. As he attended different meetings and studied the scriptures he came across a passage that really grabbed his attention. It was James 1:5 which says, "If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him." Joseph decided that was exactly what he needed to do.
       He picked out a place near his home and prayed to Heavenly Father. Joseph says, "I saw a pillar of light exactly over my head, above the brightness of the sun, which descended gradually until it fell upon me...When the light rested upon me I saw two Personages, whose brightness and glory defy all description, standing above me in the air. One of them spake unto me, calling me by name and said, pointing to the other—This is My Beloved Son. Hear Him!" Joseph Smith was instructed that none of the churches were true and that he would be called as a prophet to restore Christ's church, once again, to the earth. He would be given priesthood authority to lead and guide God's children.

Why Joseph Smith?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...