Saturday, May 7, 2011

Miraculous Mothers

       In Alma 56 we read of Helaman and his 2000 stripling warriors going to battle for the first time. In verses 47-48 it says, "Now they never had fought, yet they did not fear death; and they did think more upon the liberty of their fathers than they did upon their lives; yea, they had been taught by their mothers, that if they did not doubt, God would deliver them. And they rehearsed unto me the words of their mothers, saying: We do not doubt our mothers knew it." These sons' mothers had a very powerful effect on them. They taught their children to rely on the Lord.
       In my life I have been blessed to have just such a mother. She has been an example of righteousness and faith to me my whole life. How grateful I am for her. This Mother's Day I hope we all reflect on the wonderful women we each call, "Mom." I love my mom and all the great women who have helped to raise me. I may not have come out the way they hoped, but I am a better man because of their efforts. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...