Friday, July 22, 2011

Stayin' Above the Water

400 pixel reach assist with yellow tube:
       As a lifeguard I watched a lot of swimming. I saw good swimmers, bad swimmers, and a lot in between. One day was particularly busy and I had my work cut out for me. I was scanning the water and I noticed a little boy struggling to make it to the side. I got off of my chair and pulled him to the side of the pool where I was standing. Although he would have made it on his own, most likely, I was right there to help him.
       I was reminded of the story of Peter and Christ walking on the water. As soon as Peter started to fall Christ immediately reached out and lifted him up. Our Father in Heaven is always there for us. He wants us to be happy. If we will just ask we will receive. I am thankful for what He has given me and I pray that we remember He's always there for each of us.

See also Lifeboats, By Elder Derek Bird

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...