Wednesday, October 12, 2011

14. Quickly admit you are wrong



Throughout each day and week of our lives there are often disagreements. Both people often began an argument thinking that they are right. But halfway through the discussion I can start to see their side... most of the time. But do I stop disagreeing? Probably not. I just keep trying to find more reasons why I'm right and they're wrong. Why?

I think it all goes back to pride. When we realize that we've made a mistake or mispoke we refuse to swallow our pride. It's almost like a switch that just gets turned on as soon someone says we are wrong. We just immediately start getting all defensive.

The solution, I think, is just practice. Try to take a step back and really think about whether or not what the person is saying is true. Sometimes it's ok to call a time-out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...