Thursday, December 1, 2011

Running Between the Lanes


At our track in high school we had eight lanes that looked a lot like this. I actually never ran in a race which required me to stay in one lane for the entire run. I was more of a long distance guy. We just run wherever. Anyway, I wanted to expound on this principle of staying in our lane.

Our Heavenly Father has outlined a plan for us. We call it the Plan of Salvation. In order to win the prize we must play by the rules. This includes diligently following the commandments, which I would compare to staying in your lane. However, unlike a track meet, if you somehow do get out of your lane you are allowed to make a lane change back to where you need to be. We call this repentance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...