Saturday, June 2, 2012

Textbook Tackle


Back in the day when I used to play football my coaches would often tell us to tackle by the textbook. I am not sure if there is any specific textbook that they were referring to. But I know I never read it. Actually I think they were just using the word "textbook" as a synonym for the words "original" or "proper". In a way, we should live our lives by the textbook. Unlike football, however, we can be sure which textbook we should refer to.


Our Heavenly Father has given us prophets who have written His word (aka the scriptures). Just as a good tackle is made up of certain components, our lives can be "textbook" if we live by the teachings of our Savior, Jesus Christ. Especially now, in the fourth quarter before the Lord returns, we need to live by the "textbook" more than ever. As a modern day Apostle has said, "Don't delay. It's getting late."1.







No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...