Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Batter Up


I haven't been much of a baseball player but I have always found significance in the common phrase: Keep Your Eye on the Ball. Since I am a missionary I suppose it won't be much of a surprise that I want to relate this to the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

The picture above is of my brother. Now, I wasn't at the game so I can't say for sure, but I think he hit the ball in this picture. Notice where is eyes are focused. They aren't looking at his bat, or the outfield, or anything but the ball itself. If we want to return to live with our Father in Heaven we've got to keep our eyes on the prize. We need to stay focused on what we want in the end, not what catches our eye for a moment.

So next time you see something out of the corner of your eye, so to speak, pay no attention. Just keep your eye on the ball and knock it out of the park. Batter up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...