Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Get a Grip

Ann M. Dibb gave a talk entitled "Hold On" in which she talked about the need for us to take hold of the scriptures and never let go. She shared a few great stories that I would highly suggest reading. I also wanted to submit one more analogy to go along with her talk:

I have never been much of a rock climber but I've given it a shot a time or two. Afterwards I always come away with very tired and sore forearms. The muscles in my arms become quite tired of gripping the rocks and lifting myself up to the next handhold. There is, however, a solution to this problem. If I were to take time each day to practice rock-climbing, getting a better grip, I would become a much better climber and be able to accomplish a lot more.

The same is true with our scripture study. If we will spend time everyday "getting a better grip" by reading the words of the Prophets then we can accomplish much more in our lives and become the best climbers we can be. I would urge each of us to study the scriptures daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...