Saturday, April 2, 2011

The Mission of Music

       This last week we had, what we call, a zone conference. A zone conference is when all the missionaries in one area meet together and our mission president and other leaders instruct us on how to become better missionaries. It was a great meeting and I learned a lot. I may have learned the most in the last 5 minutes though. To close the meeting we sang a hymn entitled: I Believe in Christ. In the last verse it says, "I believe in Christ; so come what may, With him I'll stand in that great day..." When we sang that, I could really feel the Spirit. I know that being on a mission and sharing this great message is what the Lord wants me to do. I am thankful for music and the impact it can have on our lives.

1 comment:

  1. It is interesting that the Lord can use music to bring people to Christ (popularity of Mormon Tabernacle Choir) and Satan can use music to pull people away from Christ (too many examples to mention). It is just another way we have of chosing who we will follow

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...